Responsible for business development of group accounts in a defined territory to achieve room revenue goals, team food, beverage & rental goals and outbound sales activity metrics. Seeking an experienced hotel group sales manager proficient in Delphi and Opera with dynamic personality and a solid understanding of the sales process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a large group territory of 21 rooms or more per night for the west coast and local territory including key accounts.
- Responsible for nurturing existing accounts and relationships to maximize revenue while also taking a proactive approach to find new group accounts
- Field inquiries, send proposals and contracts, facilitate billing, food and beverage arrangements and effectively communicate needs with all departments of the hotel.
- Negotiate pricing within booking guidelines and standard hotel procedures
- Team player with a guest centric attitude to do the right thing, think creatively, be an active listener with excellent presentation skills
- Communicates regularly with various department involved in servicing accounts. Conducts pre & post-convention meetings as needed.
- Travels as needed to solicit business from potential clients.
- Conducts site inspections, meets with and entertain clients as needed
- Knowledge of the Menlo Park/Palo Alto market and competitive set preferred
- Represent the Hotel at industry events and tradeshows as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Able to communicate with clients in a friendly and positive manner in order to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints.
- Able to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write Sales Reports and business correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and sales volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Meets legal age requirements for the position.
Key Skills Required :
- #Can-do attitude
- #Customer Service
- #Decision Making
- #Microsoft Office
Work Experience :
Language Known :