Mixes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as ordered by customers. Verifies cash drawer. Totals prices, receives payments and balances cash register at the end of shift. Cleans utensils, equipment and floors and restocks bar items. Helps set up for events with linen and special packages. Sells gift shop merchandise, receives payments and balances cash register. Operates a camera and takes pictures of customers boarding the riverboats. Is cross trained in all aspect of the Food & Beverage Department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
EXAMPLES OF THE WORK(These statements are intended to be illustrations of the work of this
UNDER GENERAL SUPERVISION:
- Takes orders from customers and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Verifies cash drawer upon reporting to work. Operates a cash register to total price on drinks purchased by customers, receives payment from customers and makes change.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, tonic, soda, water, triple sec, bitters and ice to prepare cocktails, liquors and other drinks following standard recipes.
- Slices and peels fruit and places items in container for garnishing drinks.
- Serves wine and bottled beer, draws draft beer from kegs.
- At end of shift removes money and records sales on summary log sheet. Replenishes beginning cash drawer money and meets with Purser to reconcile register tape with deposit.
- Informs Purser of additional cash needs during cruise. Also, notifies Purser of cash register and cash register tape problems.
- Removes bottles from liquor cabinet, arranges bottles for display, chills beer and wine in refrigerator, obtains ice, stocks cup and napkin supplies, and cash register tape.
- Cleans and sanitizes counters and bar area, washes utensils and equipment, and polishes brass.
- Performs related work and other duties as assigned.
Three months of bartender experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Must have excellent customer relation skills.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
Must work a varied schedule.
Must wear safety equipment as mandated by the U.S Coast Guard.
Key Skills Required :
- #Critical Observation
- #Cultural Awareness
- #Customer Service
Work Experience :
Language Known :