Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
The successful Manager of Regional Marketing, Mid-Atlantic will be responsible for driving sustainable, long term growth in the region’s (DC, Alexandria, Baltimore, Norfolk) B2C and B2B demand through the execution of fleet initiatives and creation of regional activity.
S/He is responsible for ensuring the delivery of best in class marketing and for partnering closely with the Director of Regional Marketing, Director of Sales and the Central Marketing team to ensure the Mid-Atlantic Region is fully leveraging Hornblower’s marketing engine.
This position will serve as the regional “marketing hub” for both point of supply (port) and point of demand (guest) for all marketing functions (Brand, Strategy, Partnerships, Media, eCommerce, Communications etc), commercial services and regional operations.
This position will also serve as the regional executional arm of the Central Marketing organization for revenue generating activities, building and activating local port marketing plans, ensuring that local port marketing activity aligns with regional and fleet-wide marketing activity, and providing all central functions with the regional market perspective.
This position will be based out of our DC office and maintain a regular travel schedule within the region with occasional travel to other national destinations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning Activities (30%)
- Define and implement individual marketing plans and budgets for each of the ports in the Mid-Atlantic region that are in line with central and brand strategy, will enable the exceeding of annual revenue targets for the ports and meet overall marketing strategy objectives
- Define and implement regional marketing plan where appropriate to support the Mid-Atlantic region, and drive cross-marketing, cross-promotion and best practice sharing.
Organizing Activities (20%)
- Work with the Director of Regional Marketing, local Sales teams and the Central Marketing team to ensure that regular, open, communication is maintained.
- Maintain close lines of communication with the region's General Manager, Sales and Operations functions, offering support at all times.
Managing & Supporting Activities (40%)
- Own port and regional level marketing KPIs. Actively participate and gain agreement on all activity through Commercial Focus process to ensure revenue and EBITDA goals are met.
- Provide marketing support, partnership and leadership to port and regional sales teams. Enable them with the tools they need (such as segment-specific strategies and marketing tactics, including direct mail, e-mail, showcase cruises, and promotional partnerships) to effectively convert opportunities.
- Lead port and regional B2B initiatives such as collateral development and trade show representation in order to build awareness and effectively convert opportunities.
- Effectively bring to life (Maybe “Activate” instead of “bring to life”) fleet, regional and local promotions at a port level.
- Leverage fleet, regional and local promotions in local media and channels to drive revenue for regional properties and fleet- overall.
- Determine and execute regional programs leveraging Central functions such as Brand, Strategy, Partnerships, Media, eCommerce, Communications, Revenue Management etc.
- Exploit and monitor performance of initiatives and revenue through all channels and develop and/or support any required initiatives with guidance of Central teams.
- Oversee the management of all regional marketing and sponsorship agreements. Work in partnership with Central Marketing team, port General Managers and Sales Directors to ensure the maximization of reach and exposure of these agreements have a positive effect on revenue targets.
- Actively grow Hornblower’s B2B and B2C loyalty program membership in the designated markets through execution support of fleet initiatives and development of area & regional activity.
- Own local and regional web presence. Ensure accuracy and effectiveness of all owned and third party websites
Controlling Activities (10%)
- Manage local and regional budgets, provide reporting and performance metrics as required.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of Fleet Product, Service and Brand standards across the region while also adopting a flexible and consultative approach to local marketing initiatives and promotions enabling the region to achieve maximum exposure
- Manage performance of all activity (fleet, regional, port promotions and offers) and provide performance reporting to all business functions.
Additional Supportive Functions:
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
Be the voice of the Guest in the region:
- Analyze and champion the regional guest & market trends, needs and developments
- Input key learnings to inform marketing strategy and positioning in the region
- Maximize messages for guests coming inbound or going outbound from the region to the whole Hornblower portfolio
- Obtain access to regional market research, collate relevant detail and implement a marketing strategy that is personal to the Mid-Atlantic region, but still within the Brand guidelines.
Develop port marketing capabilities:
- Provide regional input into Corporate brand development and marketing initiatives and coordinate all communication and feedback between Mid-Atlantic regional marketing and Central Marketing
- Adapt and implement promotional marketing campaigns for Fleet products against B2B & B2C revenue streams.
- Advise and provide support on the development of ad hoc activities for the Mid-Atlantic region, taking into account guest demographics and needs in the assigned markets within the region
- Maximize and adapt Fleet campaigns through the regional team to reflect the needs of the region’s ports
- Identify and help develop talent in ports with an eye to building a regional marketing team.
- Ensure that ports are aligned to the overall business strategy
- Leverage all available marketing toolkits
- Share best practices
Ensure that Hornblower Cruises & Events adopts the right Content for each market:
- Ensure that ports use appropriate content in all channels
- Work with Central eCommerce teams to ensure they build relevant landing pages and promotional content appropriate to each port
Work and collaborate on local and regional PR
- Support Central Communications team to ensure PR effectiveness in supporting national, regional and local port needs in the region. (It is Central Communications role to initiate, manage and drive all communications activity including management of all agencies, PR Budgets and driving and initiating all PR activity.)
- Provide regional updates and marketing plan overview to PR agency and Central Communications team.
- Develop and leverage PR for all relevant marketing initiatives.
Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or marketing related master’s degree preferred
- Hospitality Industry experience highly desired
- Experience (2+ Years) in holding a regional (multi city) role, supporting business units in multiple geographies
- Demonstrated success in working in managing teams and working in a matrixed organization (achieving through influence vs authority)
- Experience (2+ years) in both B2B and B2C marketing
- Demonstrated success in building insight driven, metric focused, multi-channel, integrated marketing plans that deliver yoy revenue growth
- Demonstrated success in traditional media planning and buying that drives brand awareness
- Demonstrated success in innovative, revenue driving partnership development and activation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal – to be able to develop relationships with local business units
- A problem-solver and self-starter, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, with some experience managing a team
Hornblower has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies within the Hornblower family include Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Hornblower Cruises and Events, American Queen Steamboat Company, Victory Cruises, Boston Harbor Cruises, HMS Global Maritime, Statue Cruises, Alcatraz Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 5 year(s): Hospitality Experience
- 2 year(s): B2B and B2C Marketing Experience
- 2 year(s): Experience holding a regional (multi city) role, supporting business units in multiple geographies
- Bachelors or better in Marketing Management or related field
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Key Skills Required :
- #Can-do attitude
- #Cultural Awareness
- #Global Fluency
- #Good Communication
- #Good Listener
- #Internet Savvy
Work Experience :
Language Known :